(**Deadline May 22**)
May 4, 2020
Greetings AAMS Members,
As the Chair of the AAMS Nomination Committee, I am pleased to announce elections of representatives for the 2020 – 2022 term on the AAMS Board of Directors officially underway! The seats that are up for election this year are:
Region 3 – (1) one seat
*Representatives from AAMS programs in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
At Large Director – (2) two seats
*Representatives from AAMS Regular, or Affiliate Members are eligible.
Board Member Duties
- Sign on to the mission, vision and core values of the Association.
- Represent the best interests of all AAMS members during Board policy decision-making.
- Assist AAMS by serving as a communication link with members in your region/constituency by:
- Distributing information from the board to the members in your region/constituency or members you come in contact with;
- Gathering input from members to ensure member input into Board decisions;
- Conducting or attending regional/constituent meetings; Maintaining communications between AAMS and local, state and regional agencies.
- Remaining current on members’ perspectives.
- Serve as chair, vice chair and/or board liaison to any assigned AAMS Committee, Section, SIG, Task Force, or allied organization.
- Establish and distribute goals to committee members;
- Facilitate communication and activities of the committee to set objectives and strategies;
- Work with staff to ensure appropriate and fiscally sound implementation of strategies and policies;
- Provide written Committee reports to the board and a written annual report of Committee activities for the members.
- Participate in regional and state chapter activities.
- Attend three (3) Board in-person meetings each year, as well as an initial Board orientation and monthly conference call meetings, unless excused by the President.
- Regularly monitor board & committee listservs, responding in a timely manner to inquiries.
- Attend annual AAMS Membership Meeting.
- Accept fiduciary responsibility for the organization and agree to abide by the Board Code of Conduct.
- Sign the AAMS Board Conflict of Interest statement and agree to declare any real/potential conflicts on a regular basis.
- Encourage, participate in, and support regular association activities.
- Help to identify and recruit prospective members to the organization.
- Help to raise funds and contribute financially to the fundraising activities of both the association and its foundation.
- Perform other duties as requested by the President/CEO or the Board of Directors.
Regional Director Candidates must be currently employed by an AAMS member transport service provider. Candidates should be involved with the medical transport community for a minimum of one (1) year, three (3) years is preferable.
At Large Director Candidates must be currently employed by a Regular, or Affiliate Member upon election. Candidates should be involved with the medical transport community for a minimum of one (1) year, three (3) years is preferable.
Members may have no more than 15% of the voting representative on the Board of Directors.
All candidates must not have already served three (3) consecutive terms in the same office.
All candidates must be committed to undertaking the duties of the position outlined above.
All candidates must be fluent in English.
All candidates must submit a complete nomination application by the stated deadline.
Candidates also must have administrative and financial support from their employer to fulfill the duties of a Board member.
Interested parties should submit the following items to be considered:
- Candidate Resume (no longer than two pages)
- Letter of Intent from the Candidate
- A letter of support from the Candidate’s employer
- A letter of support from any other AAMS member (for At-Large Director positions), or from another program in the Candidate’s region (for Regional Director positions).
- A digital head shot for use in association communications and publications. (.jpeg)
Candidate Resume – Please send in a typed Candidate Resume that includes the following items:
- Name Title Program/Company Affiliation
- Professional Experience
- Statement of Goals (if elected to serve on the Board)
- Professional Association Memberships
- Professional Activities (lectures, research, articles/publications authored, etc.)
- Special skills that you can bring the Board (e.g. accounting, marketing, negotiation, etc.)
- Resumes longer than two pages will not be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the following:
Doug Garretson, AAMS Nominating Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Krista Fuentes, AAMS Project Manager at email@example.com or at 703-836-8732 x115
Natasha Ross, AAMS Vice President Operations and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 703-836-8732 x107
Submission Instructions and Deadlines
Please submit completed nomination packets to Krista Fuentes at: email@example.com. The deadline for submission of nominations is 5 pm EDT on May 22, 2020.
Election ballots will be emailed to members in June, and will be due back to the AAMS headquarters by July 1st. Notification of election results will be begin July 15th, and winners in this year’s election will begin their terms during the Air Medical Transport Conference held November 2-4, 2020 in Nashville, TN.
We look forward to hearing from you!
AAMS Past Chair
Chair of the AAMS Nominations Committee