AAMS Medical Transport Leadership Institute (MTLI)
April 23 – April 28, 2017
“Our leadership team has been trained by MTLI for the past six years. Their professional approach to EMS Management sets the standard for other training programs to aspire to. You will NOT be sorry.” –James Jackson CMTE, North Shore – Long Island Jewish Health System CEMS, Syosset, NY
- Finance I The basics of financial management
- RFPs, Negotiations and Contracts
- Fundamentals of Business Analytics
- Culture of Safety
- Leadership’s Role in Safety
- General and Organizational Culture
- Medical Transport System Design
- Hiring and On-Boarding
- Employment Law I
- Corporate Compliance Recognizing corporate compliance expectations and addressing strategies for a successful compliance and risk management program.
- Basic Leadership The basics of leadership—its characteristics, attributes, advantages and disadvantages.
- Project Management Learning the framework and tools of project management, with a concentration on the leader’s role in the process.
- Strategic Management
- Quality Management
- Business Development Marketing, Outreach and Social Media
“At a time where both air and ground critical medical transportation are striving to show the world how safe and patient focused we are at the core, MTLI fosters and empowers us all to build relationships and learn together. Some of my best, and most trusted industry friends, were made there after almost a decade of being a CMTE professional. Keep up the GREAT work.” –Todd Bailey, MBA, CMTE, MedFlight of Ohio, Columbus, Ohio
- Finance II
- Health Care Economics
- Introduction to Business Ethics
- Utilization Management Developing appropriate utilization and outcome management processes.
- Work Redesign Dealing with constant change and redesigning work to enhance operations.
- Employee Law II
- Employee Engagement
- Leadership Development Preparing leaders for career development, organizational leadership development, and succession planning.
- Leadership II
- Business Communication Preparing Executive Summaries, making presentations, and more!
- Group Dynamics
Group Projects The Group Projects are designed to help participants assimilate knowledge and information imparted in Year I and II of the institute. Small working groups will be assigned from among the students. The groups will be provided a scenario and background information from which each will be required to develop a formal written and oral presentation.
CMTE Certiﬁcation Requirements
Testing First year students will be given a validated 100 question written exam on the last day. To advance to the second year program, students must achieve a score of at least 70%. Second year students will be evaluated on participation in case reviews and a group project with written and oral presentations. Participants will receive two hours of class time each day to work on their project but should expect that most of the preparation for the project will happen outside of class.
Attendance While we recognize the professional obligations of the participants, students will not graduate who have missed more than two didactic sessions in any year. Attendance is taken at the beginning of every class, and participants are expected to be on time and utilize breaks to make phone calls, answer pages, etc. Second year students’ attendance at all case review and project sessions is mandatory. Students who fail to meet the above criteria will be allowed to audit the program but will not sit for the ﬁnal exam, receive a refund or obtain certiﬁcation.
Schedule at a Glance
Travel time: Plan to arrive at Pittsburgh International Airport in time for a 75 minute drive to the Oglebay National Training Center and allow enough time to drop off your luggage and pick up your registration materials.
- Sunday, 3:00 pm-7:00 pm Registration/Orientation/Networking
- Monday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm First Year/Second Year/ Graduate Sessions
- Tuesday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm First Year/Second Year/ Graduate Sessions
- Wednesday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm First Year/Second Year/ Graduate Sessions
- Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm First Year/Second Year/ Graduate Sessions
- Thursday, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm Graduation and Networking Banquet
Contact Oglebay’s National Training Center at (304) 243-4126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.